SikaBond T-21 Adhesive
SikaBond®-T21 is a one-component, low VOC, permanently elastic, super strong, very low permeability moisture-cure polyurethane adhesive, vapor retarding, crack bridging and sound reduction membrane all-in-one for full surface wood floor bonding.
- 270 % elongation
- Bonds up to 3/4″ solid and engineered wood
- Extremely easy to trowel
- Unlimited subfloor moisture vapor protection
- No moisture testing required – a dry to touch substrate is the only requirement
- Crack bridging
- Low odor
- Excellent Green Grab
- Suitable for common types of wood flooring
- Creates sound reduction layer
- Especially good for problematic woods such as beech and bamboo
- Contains no water
- Eliminates sleepers and plywood over concrete and gypsum substrates
- Permanently elastic – allows planks to expand and contract without damage to the adhesive
- Tenacious bond
4 gal. (15.14 L)
|LEED® EQc 4.1 (100 g/L limit)||SCAQMD, Rule 1168 (100 g/L limit)||BAAQMD, Reg. 8, Rule 51 (120 g/L limit)|
APPROVALS / STANDARDS
- Independently tested to -STC 62 (ASTM E-90) (6 in. (168 mm) concrete slab, 5/8 in. (19 mm) suspended gypsum ceiling)
- Reduction of Impact Sound Δ IIC = 21 (ASTM E-2179)
Consistency: Spreads very easily
Ambient Air Temperature
Room temperature between 60 °F (15 °C) and 90 °F (35 °C). For ambient temperatures the standard construction rules are relevant. Follow all wood floor manufacturers’ acclimation and room temperature requirements.
Relative Air Humidity
Between 40 % and 70 % during installation is best for adhesive. See wood floor manufacturer for wood requirements.
During laying and until SikaBond®-T21 has fully cured, substrate temperature should be greater than 60 °F (15 °C) and in case of radiant floor heating, less than 70 °F (20 °C). For substrate temperatures, the standard construction rules are relevant.
Substrate Moisture Content
For use as an adhesive and moisture membrane:
Concrete must be visibly dry. Inspect for any wetness at base of drywall or visible signs of moisture on concrete. Concrete and cement-based underlayments must be fully cured and free of any hydrostatic and/ or moisture problems. When properly applied in accordance with Sika® guidelines, SikaBond®-T21 provides unlimited moisture vapor protection.
For use as an adhesive only:
SikaBond®-T21 is not affected by moisture or vapor transmission. For protection of the wood, follow the wood floor manufacturer’s requirements for subfloor moisture. If substrate is not acceptable, use SikaBond®-T21 at recommended coverage rate as All-in-One or Sika® MB. See Technical Data Sheet for proper instruction.
Floor may accept light foot traffic after:
- at 45–50 SF/gal (P5 trowel): after 6–8 h
- at 30–35 SF/gal (SC+MB trowel): after 12 h
(depending on climatic conditions and adhesive layer thickness)
Floor can be sanded after 18 hours
Skin Time / Laying Time
|~ 45–60 minutes||(at 73 °F (23 °C) and 50 % R.H.)|
Visit Our Phoenix Showroom!